Organ

The organ is a splendid though slightly battered ‘Battleship’ Binns. It was built as a 4-manual concert organ by J.J. Binns for the Kings Hall in Stoke-on-Trent in 1912, and in 1962 it was moved to Astbury, where it was cut down to 3 manuals by Reeves and Merner. In 2005 it was rebuilt by David Jones of Lincoln and placed on a platform above the vestry. Unfortunately, funds ran out before this could be completed and the wiring, in particular, still needs some serious tlc. Our organist has been known to carry out running repairs with superglue and sticky tape.